Dukkah Spiced Pork Chops Easy Recipe
Looking for a quick and simple, yet tasty midweek dinner idea? My super easy dukkah spiced pork chops might just be the meal you’re looking for.
Considered a red meat, pork is a good source of minerals, vitamins and protein and can be enjoyed all year round. I particularly love eating dukkah spiced pork chops during summer, with a refreshing mango salad or potato salad and greens.
Skip to recipe >
What sides to eat with pork chops?
Besides mango salad, potatoes go really well with pork chops.
- Crispy air fryer chips
- Creamy mash potato
- Smoked paprika sweet potato chips
- Flatbread with tzatziki dip
- Green leaf salad
- Garlic green beans
- Pickled red cabbage
Why marinate pork chops?
To make your pork chops extra tasty, I recommend marinating them beforehand for at least 3-4 hours before cooking. Not only will this help tenderise the pork by breaking down proteins, but they will also be full of flavour. I like to marinate my pork chops in lemon juice, lemon zest, dukkah and a char & chilli steak seasoning with salt and pepper before placing in the refrigerator. Note: throw any remaining marinate away and don’t reuse.
- Approx 400g Pork Chops (2 pork chops)
- Juice of half lemon
- Lemon zest of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp Dukkah (I use Alsa Fine Foods)
- 1 tbsp Char & Chilli Steak Seasoning (I use Alsa Fine Foods)
- Salt and pepper to season
- Olive oil
- Pat dry the pork chops and place into a dish and cover with the lemon juice, lemon zest, Dukkah and Char & Chilli Steak Seasoning, olive oil and salt and pepper. Mix all ingredients together so that both sides of the pork chops are covered. Leave in the fridge at least 3-4 hours before cooking.
- Remove the pork chops from the fridge at least 30 minutes before cooking. Heat a large frying pan with olive oil on medium-high heat. Once hot, place the pork chops in the pan for approx. 5 minutes to brown before turning over and cooking for another 4-5 minutes.
- Once cooked (you can use a thermometer to test), remove the pork chops from the pan and place on a board to rest for 3 minutes.
- Serve with a refreshing mango salad or air fryer oven chips.